Invisalign is a fairly recent innovation when it comes to straightening your teeth, and it avoids most of the drawbacks of having to wear braces. Invisalign solves the problems of debris collection and cuts to the soft tissue in your mouth, commonly experienced with traditional braces. The clear aligner is also removable making it a snap to take off your teeth for easy cleaning.
Invisalign should be worn for 22 hours per day, which means that the system will need proper cleaning and care. Once you start wearing your aligners, you will periodically notice an accumulation of plaque and tartar which needs to be removed. Proper cleaning will avoid staining, unpleasant odors and any unsightly visual debris. Taking some basic steps towards taking care of your aligner will help you keep it fresh and clean.
Invisalign Cleaning Crystals are an effective method of thoroughly cleaning your aligner without any hassle or wasted time. They give your aligner a deep clean and help it stay fresh and look its best.
Follow these basic steps to keep your Invisalign aligner in top shape:
- Rinse your aligner under lukewarm running water to get rid of any debris.
- Using a small and clean cup or the Invisalign cleaning tub, fill it with lukewarm water.
- Add a packet of Invisalign cleaning crystals into the cup or the tub.
- Place your aligner inside the cup or tub making sure that it is fully submerged.
- Invisalign recommends soaking your aligner for 15 minutes in the cleaning crystal solution.
- After 15 minutes, remove your aligner and rinse it thoroughly under lukewarm water
- Taking a soft toothbrush pre-soaked in water, gently scrub the aligner to make sure any leftover debris has been removed.
- Rinse your aligner one final time and it should be fresh, clean and ready to wear,
Using Invisalign Cleaning Crystals and taking the time to follow these basic steps, will assure your aligner stays fresh, clean and in top shape.