Wearing braces is something that can significantly change someone’s appearance. Due to the appliance, the way they smile and talk will no longer be as natural as before. If you are wearing dental braces, it’s better to choose good colors for braces that will complement your smile. Go to this page and see how braces color affects your overall appearance.
When To Change Braces Color
Upon application, you will need to visit your dentists at least every after 4 weeks. And during those visits, your dental braces will be adjusted. You may opt to have the color of your braces changed if you wish to. This basically means that if you are not very fond of the color of the braces that you have right now, you won’t have to deal with it for too long.
How Many Colors Are There
Luckily, there is now a wide variety of braces color to choose from. From lighter to darker colors, you will definitely have a hard time choosing the good color for your braces. But the question is, how are you going to choose which color is best for you? There are some factors to consider, moreover, remember that whatever you choose, your braces color will have something to say about you as a person.
Things To Consider In Choosing Good Colors For Braces
You may think that choosing a good color for your braces is easy, but as a matter of fact, many wearers are having a hard time choosing one, especially because there are so many colors to choose from. Drummoyne’s trusted dentists from Our Dental Care made a list to consider when choosing your braces color:
- Your diet. If you eat foods with dark colors, they can potentially stain your teeth and affect the color of your braces.
- Teeth shade. Most people do not possess sparkling white teeth. To make your teeth appear lighter, choose dark colors instead of light ones.
- Skin complexion. Choosing the color for your braces is like choosing the color of the clothes you wear. If there is a particular color that you don’t find quite appealing with your skin, then you probably don’t want that color in your teeth too.
Tips in Choosing Braces Color
To help you decide which color to get, here are some tips that you might find helpful:
- Dark skin complexions will complement with pink, blue, gold, violet, and green colors.
- For a light skin complexion, go for colors like dark blue, dark purple, or toned down red shades.
- If you want to make your teeth appear whiter, opt for dark shades.
- Beware of some light colors that can make your teeth seem yellow.
- Match your braces color with your eyes.
- Do you wear a particular color every day for work or school? Consider matching it with your braces too.
- Want to support your favorite sports team? Choose a color that would match their uniform.
- 4th of July and Memorial Day are both celebrated with blue, red, and white.
- Holidays such as Christmas, Easter, or even Valentine’s day are also some of the things that you can consider.
- Take the chance to wear dark colors during Halloween.
If you are feeling a bit more festive, you may also choose to play with two colors. Just inform your dentist and he will be happy to make your braces look better.
Patients who want to make their teeth look whiter could go for neutral colors instead. Clear, gray, or silver braces color do not attract too much attention to discolored teeth.
Colors To Avoid
Sadly, there are specific colors that just do not do justice for everyone. It may look good on others but becomes a total mess with you. Listed below are the common colors that don’t look good on almost everyone:
- At first, white braces look neat and clean. However, it gets stained due to the colors of the food that you eat making it look yellowish over time. Apart from this, white color can make your teeth appear yellow because the enamel is often in colored shade than the bands.
- Some colors such as dark blue or violet can make your teeth whiter since they go against the color of the natural teeth. But colors like dark green or dark brown can give an illusion of uncleaned food particles stuck between your braces.
- Wearing yellow or gold colors can emphasize the yellow shade of your teeth.
- Patients have different shades of teeth. Colors that look good on others may not look as appealing to you and vice versa. It’s important to know which color looks good on you in general.
Do not be scared of trying new colors from time to time. After all, you will only wear the color for a few weeks so there is no need to worry about looking unappealing for a long period of time.
How To Look Better With Braces
Braces, specifically metal braces often affect someone’s confidence. Wearing one takes a lot of patience as the appliance could be uncomfortable to wear. But fret not because you can still look your best despite wearing braces, here are some of the things to remember if you get braces:
- Practice smiling in front of the mirror. You will be less conscious with braces if you know exactly how you look while wearing them. To do so, practice your smile in the mirror to see if you need to make any adjustments.
- In taking pictures, avoid using flash. Camera flashes can emphasize the metal brackets in your teeth. Sometimes, they even reflect with the metals making the main focus of the image all about your teeth.
- Wear the correct shade of lipstick. The color of your braces should complement your lipstick color as well to make your smile look even brighter.
- Keep your braces clean. It is quite easy to distinguish debris and food particles especially if you are wearing light-colored braces so be sure to clean them after eating.
- Be natural. Sometimes, the harder you try to look good, the more you look strange. Remember to not overdo things and just be natural as much as possible.
For further reading on orthodontic treatments go to this URL: BroadfordDental.com.au.